Monday 11 July 2016

Chasing Thursday awesomeness

A slightly restless night of sleep but overall a good start to the morning.  Glad to have skipped the wine last night as it's a lunchtime of circuits and weight training following by evening run club.

My gym is currently the main thing keeping me on the straight and narrow.  I'm not much of an outdoors runner on the best of days so I struggle on good days to keep up.  Circuits is my cup of tea, throw me a mixed bag of burpees, tuck jumps and a variety of cardio and resistence and I'm happy as a clam.  Weight training really isn't my thing but I had good physical results last go round when I threw it into the mix so I'm keeping it in, especially as it's right after circuits.

Thursday's instructor Laura is the epitome of what one expects from a fitness instructor:  smiley, bubbly, bouncy, in top shape with lots of positive shouting and a dash of 'woo!'.  I do an hour at lunchtime with her and have started to throw in an hour in the evening classes to get me over the 5 to 7 PM bridge.

The last time I went on an extended alcohol free stretch, I was doing well on the eating front also.  It came up on a Thursday and feeling all sweaty and hitting it hard and I actually felt great.  Not struggling to sweat out a hangover but full of energy and power, feeling lighter as I had just shed 2 kilos.

So this feeling is what I'm driving toward this week.

So run club tonight, I may stay on for Zumba after with Laura if there is space as that will get me past 7 PM by the time I get home and eat dinner.  Tuesday will be another sporty day, so another reason to stay off it tonight.

Wednesday is normally date night but my work set up an 8 PM meeting.  I am strict on avoiding prior to work calls.  I try to avoid night calls but working for a US multinational while living in Europe, some are inevitable.  A new regular call is starting up for a new project on Tuesdays at 9 PM starting next week.  In some ways that one will be a mixed blessing as that will take care of my Tuesday evenings.

So Monday and Wednesday should be easy nights this week, just Tuesday to step over on the way to Thursday awesomeness.

No comments:

Post a Comment