Friday 15 July 2016

Day 6

As mentioned earlier in the week, it's the going away evening of the gym's manager.  I'll stop by the fizzy and nibbles pre party of the evening, one of my gym friends is hosting the gym's members to drop in to her high rise flat close to the gym, but I'm avoiding the main party that happens later.

I'm not avoiding due to the prevalence of alcohol or similar, it's more that I'm not much of a going out person, especially in a club atmosphere.  The assistant manager set up the main party at a local club, it's £16.50 per person which includes a private table and the alcohol equivalent of 4 drinks per person with table service later.

The lady who is leaving has already said that she plans to get completely wasted, her son in law will be collecting her at the end of the evening.  

The lady who is hosting the pre party said to me on the side, I may pop down for one drink, but to be honest I'm not really fond of crowds so that will be that.

I may test out the waters and have a glass of fizzy to see if I can stop at 2 glasses or I may not. 

Overall I've been struggling with a ridiculous amount of tiredness this week.  I did a mid month run of my numbers at the gym and they are all worse than at the beginning of the month, except for weight, which is down but only slightly.

Looking online a bit at athlete nutrition, I'm going to tweak the diet a bit in the coming days.  Now that the alcohol has been out of my system for 5 days, I'm starting to get an idea of normalcy hunger in place of wine sugar.  It seems that my calorie content in my almost vegan world has been too low to build muscle mass and this is where I am faltering due to the amount of gym work I'm doing.  So getting more serious now on what exactly I'm eating and when.

Last night, OH was over after we finished the allotment.  I haven't made a big deal out of not drinking but when he opened the fridge he noted that there were two wine bottles...the same two that had been there since Saturday!  In the past I would have secretly have drank them and replaced like for like, but yes indeed, it was the same exact ones so I could nonchalantly (yet secretly proud), say, yep, there they be. 



No comments:

Post a Comment