Wednesday 13 July 2016

Day 4

Made it through Day 3 yesterday but started to hit the absolute exhaustion stage.  Three gym classes yesterday.  I realize a lot of people turn to non-alcohol sources of sugar such as cake, chocolate and fizzy drinks but I haven't had these things in year so not planning to start now or even craving them either.

Realizing the mix of high intensity exercise, the removal of daily wine and the alomost vegan diet is having a huge impact.  Last time I faltered around this time as I hit a sugar low before realizing I was headed toward it and then decided to mitigate with a glass of wine.  Not making that mistake again.

This go round I am logging everything on myfitnesspal.  It's been a big help as a reminder of how and when to eat.  When I was a proper vegan before, I found myself eating every two hours, little meals but high density filling ones, such as porridge for breakfast.  While I am feeling great with a salad for lunch, I'm slightly breaking with the vegan convention and adding tuna to it as otherwise I'm struggling to eat enough calories without turning to pure carbs. 

I've never been a big carb eater, e.g. potatos or white rice.  While I'll have a few bites, I see them more as a complement to a meal rather than a main part of it.  Plus it seems that sugar aspect of them does me in, I don't seem to digest them well and end up crashing, needing a nap and my downstairs plumbing ends up clogged the next day.

Today is my light day at the gym, two classes in the evening then a work call at night so no wine worries for today.  The two bottles from the weekend are still in the fridge.    

Tomorrow is date night but we need to get down to the allotment so won't make it back before 7 PM so that will be fine.

Friday may be a planned break, there's a get together as the gym manager is leaving.  However, I've committed not to go to the planned outing (8:30 PM until potentially 2 AM) but instead will go to the drinks and nibbles pre party that one of the other members is doing at her house.  Hearing the people that are going, it's more my crowd anyway.

Although I may offer to make nonalcoholic cocktails instead and continue my streak.  Weight loss is continuing to head in the right direction and holding steady in the 56 kilo range.

No comments:

Post a Comment