Sunday 10 July 2016

A wine free Sunday

It hasn't happened so often in recent weeks, going to bed clear headed, ready for tomorrow's hour in the gym at lunchtime and run club in the evening.

OH even brought along wine on his way home.  My wine. 

However, I had mentally decided earlier to take today off from it.  I packed my day with other activities to get me past 6 PM as he was out cycling with his friends.  I do some freelance writing and had a deadline today to keep me busy. Then he arrived with vegetables from the garden allotment and I was quite hungry and didn't want to drink on an empty stomach and I'm not fond of wine with food, I find it impacts the taste of food too much.

By the time we finished eating it was after 7.  So I watched him down a bottle of wine over the rest of the evening, and that was ok.

I had bought a bottle of wine yesterday and he had brought along a second one thinking I was drinking as it's Sunday.  So I am in my house with two bottles of wine and not tempted.

Next to Sunday, Monday tends to be my most difficult day, so tomorrow will be the test.  Monday and Tuesday are my hardest gym days so really I should get more focused to not drink in the evenings before.  Time will tell.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment