Friday 8 July 2016

Tough work week

So not a good wine week.  My only saving grace was to replace wine with prosecco, saving 100 calories per bottle.  Also it seems that the fizziness fills me up more so I drink less.  A silver lining in every cloud.

As I soldier on with my log, Friday tends to be my least destructive evening.  I don't feel the need to unwind excessively and we usually go to the garden allotment on Saturday morning so I like to be bright and breezy.

I've done a full run of fitness classes this week and hit a new high of exercise minutes but it was tough slogging.  I held steady at 57.3 kilos despite all the wine/fizzy due to the exercise.  One of the main instructors has been on holiday this week so I've varied up my classes but will be back at my routine starting Monday.  In particular, the dreaded run club is on the agenda which I struggle with on a normal day, never mind the feeling awful days.

I continue to struggle excessively with my job.  The company is in the middle of a major spinoff and everything is in chaos.  My job went downhill in 2009 when internal politics created an equivalent team to ours in another department and I had to even give them two of our team members to staff it.  That team has proven ineffective and they fired half and all have left over time.  So we ended up doing a lot of the work that we did before but we're no longer responsible for it and we're not allowed to contact the end customer.  And now we've lost 1/3 of our team due to the new divestiture.

My skills are going stale.  I manage a good set of people and the larger team that I belong to is top notch.  My boss is superb.  I work in technology which is a good fit for my personality.  However, the work isn't there anymore.  The things that I need to do I do efficiently and quickly so that I can slack off the rest of the day (I work from home).  Nothing that I do matters.

I've worked at home since prior to 2009 and was productive and busy.  I cannot help but think that if I had a proper job where I was needed and could make a difference that I wouldn't be so quick to slip into wine o'clock.  In the olden days Friday and Saturday were the days to kick back.  Currently I am in the reverse, Friday and Saturday are my least alcohol fueled days while the remainder are not, with a particular shout out to Sunday and Monday.

OH did an early start so that he could go to the local beer festival.  I'm not really a major beer drinker so am letting that one slide.  Instead, having a bit of a clear out here.  I have been getting rid of a number of possessions via the Marie Kondo methodology.  Seeking to improve my life on multiple fronts.

No comments:

Post a Comment