Sunday 15 January 2017

Day 13

I find around day 8-9 I start to feel good and by day 13 I get some energy.

OH had to work today.  He works in technology and occasionally gets overtime when he needs to do things when users are not in the office.  In the past I would have cracked open the fizzy just after eating lunch so I'd be on the second bottle by the time he finished.  I'd be in no fit state to cook dinner so it would either be him cooking what I had prepped or us being lazy and having frozen pizza.

Today was an entirely different experience.  Off he went at 8 AM.  As it was an early start I had a coffee and caught up on the news online.  I do freelance writing on the side and I have a deadline the week after next.  Normally I do everything the night before but instead I started my work already.

Then I popped onto youtube to find some good fitness videos since my gym isn't open today.  I did a sweaty 40 minutes and am now feeling good.

OH is on day 9 of this AF lark.  He had mentioned that not drinking last Sat/Sun he thought that he'd feel better Monday morning but instead he had a headache.  I challenged him to keep it up another week to get the alcohol truly out of his system and to try it again.  Fingers crossed he feels a positive difference.

So there is a chicken in the oven for OH and the cat.  I have a piece of fish.  Then we have cheesy garlic potatoes (Oh so many calories to burn without the drinking!) and beans.

Looking forward to a hot bubble bath and a restful sleep to be bright and clear on Monday.  

No comments:

Post a Comment