Monday 2 January 2017

Roll on January

I'm becoming much more of a blog reader rather than a poster.

My moderating December turned out better than expected due to the flu.  I ended up nailing my off days and gaining a few extra credits on my 'on days' as I felt so awful.  Extra brownie points earned due to driving on Christmas day.  It was originally planned to be a walk to the pub but I didn't have it in me, just so cold and sniffly.  So I drove and had a coffee, ha!  I did have some drinks later in the evening but the day ended up quieter and calmer than expected.

My 'dry Jan' officially starts Jan 3rd.  I need the routine of work/gym, days off are my downfall.  As I did dry October I thought it was time to kick it up a notch.  When I came back from holidays in November I mostly gave up caffeine, so thought I'd try a mostly clean eating month too.  So no frozen pizza or general garbage.  We're not quite veganuary, but going in that direction.

I have done dry January for over 10 years prior to meeting the boyfriend.  I'm a little surprised in the UK at the hoopla over not drinking in Jan as my Irish colleagues turned me on to it and it seems to be commonplace with them.  I've done it for years with no fanfare.

My OH and his sis both have birthdays in Jan so earlier years have been derailed by this, and that he doesn't get it.

This year is different, his sis and her OH are attempting dry Jan (again).  I challenged him to do two weeks/weekends, that I would buy him dinner on each week that he does a week.  So he committed to two full weekends.

To say I am pleased is an understatement.  Now I just need to keep up my end of the bargain and I can do it!



No comments:

Post a Comment