Wednesday 18 January 2017

Day 16

Just a small story.  OH has been doing well on his drinking break.  Granted he's more of a moderate drinker, but I'd call him more of a consistent drinker.  He has no problem stopping at one, but often it will be one or two beers a day five days per week. 

He's now on day 12, something he hasn't done since forever.  It's nice that he's shown a bit of solidarity with me on dry Jan, he's exceeded my expectations.  Plus he's lost a kilo.

His boozy friend texts him, they work near each other in London.

Boozy friend:  I'm stopping in for one before getting the 630 train.  Join me at x? 
(x is a cheap and nasty pub, a chain with overpriced, lackluster beers.)

OH:  No mate, need to get home and do the shopping, out of food.

OH's later commentary to me:  Now that I've been 11 days without alcohol, my next drink is going to be a nice beer at a proper pub! 

Too cute, I must admit that it gave me a giggle that he currently has such high standards!

No comments:

Post a Comment