Wednesday 11 January 2017

Day 9

Productivity unleashed.  Went to do 30 minutes of strength training at the gym and ended up staying for a zumba class too, felt good to get in some cardio.  Hiit tomorrow and Friday.

Storms coming to my part of the UK tomorrow and Friday, sleet and hail.  Did my shopping already so not needing anything before Monday.

Once I get past the 6 day mark I start to see and feel tangible benefits.  I sleep so fully!  No more 3 and 4 AM wake-ups.  If I were to ever stop drinking permanently, it would probably be due to the sleep.

OH is on day 5 and still committed.  He's back on myfitnesspal to control his weight as well.  For him, sweets are the equivalent of alcohol, just no willpower.  He's already warned me that he's due a break Sunday evening as he has to work that day, so he plans to enjoy one on the train home.  Fair enough as he normally only goes 3 days at best, although he's a moderate drinker so he doesn't quite benefit from the long stretches of alcohol free days as the rest of us.  He's going to go in one week stretches so fair enough.

I'm a little disappointed, his sis and her OH dropped out on Jan 5 and have given up for the month.  That's one of the things that troubles me about dry January, that people make it an all or nothing.

I follow another forum where people set a target at the beginning of each month, be it 5, 12, 20, whatever number of AF days.  Then each month you set your target a little higher until it's 30/30.  From the forum postings, it helps a lot for people who are good planners or boredom drinkers.  Whatever it takes.


No comments:

Post a Comment