Thursday 20 October 2016

Day 24

Haven't had much to say, continuing on the path.  30 days will be next Wednesday but I have a good set of gym classes on Thurs and Fri at lunchtime so I'm extending it out until next Friday which makes 31 nights alcohol free.

I've convinced my other half that we should do the free weekly 5k run in the park on Saturday.  It starts at 9 AM and I've been saying for years that we should do it.  Now that I've made it through 3 alcohol-free weekends I'm looking to up the ante on weekend four.  Quote from OH:  oh, 9 AM is a little early, so will need to take it easy on Friday night at the pub.  He's been indirectly dialing it down, since I'm not drinking wine on the weekends and his best work colleague is abstaining until Dec 1 so no boozy lunches.  His weight has dropped two kilos, ha!

Sidenote, I'm not a big fan of alcohol free beer, wine etc.  I'm not a beer drinker in general and alcohol free wine seems sickly sweet as do most alochol free drinks such as J20. For anyone in the UK, I find that a nice alcohol free alternative is "Marks and Spencer Sparkling Mexican Lime and Lemongrass Presse".  We enjoyed it last night in the fancy wine glasses, it's sold near the sodas.  I think it would be lovely at a party, pop a little party umbrella in it and maybe dress it up with some strawberries chopped up and frozen in ice cubes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment