Saturday 22 October 2016

Day 26

We did the local park run this morning after at least two years of me suggesting it off and on.  Ours is a popular location and it was an anniversary event so very buzzy...balloons, costumed runners, the works.  I don't really do mornings in general or athletics in the morning in particular.  9 AM found us pounding the pavement with 500+ other healthy, morning-happy folk.  This is one thing that this (almost) month off of alcohol has given to me, just so much more energy and a 'get up and go' attitude. 


We then stopped in at OH's pub for a full English breakfast.  I am not so fond of his pub in general as it's a smelly, sticky place and their wine is cheap so I didn't drink it even when I was full on drinking.  Not much of a beer drinker either as it always made me feel bloated and burpy.  But he was pleased as punch to be in his pub, sans beer as it was not yet even 10 AM, but getting to tuck into a large plate of food.  I stop in as a one off every 6 months of so and at that time of day when the windows are open and the sun is shining in, it was a good morning.

Now on to tackle administrative paperwork and to get to the post office as Sat afternoon is the least busy time of the week when I can get there.


No comments:

Post a Comment