Tuesday 4 October 2016

Day 8

One week since I started this streak.  Tuesday is usually an easy night as I have gym classes in the evening.  Not the best Tuesday as it's the anniversary of my mother's passing though.

In the one week since I dropped the alcohol and improved the eating I'm already noticing the weight drop not only from the scale but from look/feel.  Could afford to go after some areas around the hips and thighs but pleased that the wine gut is magically shrinking.  Reading online, it seems that the thighs are the last place to lose weight.  I believe that one as the last time mine were fit was 20 years ago when I was a teetotal vegan.  Thigh weight loss supposedly happens at an 18% body fat, I'm currently at 30%.  As I balance my gym schedule I'm adding in more running time on the treadmill, let's see...

As I sit here I have a bottle of wine, fizzy (both unopened and here since before this started) and an opened bottle of vodka (from two weeks ago) in the fridge.  Perhaps backward logic but I find having alcohol in the house makes it easier to quit.  It's here but I am *choosing* not to have it.  As opposed to 'it's not here because I cannot control it and therefore I want it more and must go out and buy/consume it now.' 

As I live within a two minute walking distance from two express supermarkets, this is a necessary evil for me as last call is then 11 PM.  Never mind that the fast food place on the way is open until silly o'clock serving chips/fries.  Not necessarily a recommended solution for anyone else but I find it works for me. 


No comments:

Post a Comment